Job Title: Professional Agrologist
Closing Date: Friday, June 28, 2019
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Madrone Environmental Services Ltd. (Madrone) has an immediate opening for an intermediate to senior-level Professional Agrologist. This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits.
Madrone is a well-established environmental services company offering our employees a flexible work environment. We are a growing company providing exciting opportunities to our employees to advance within their professions. Our interdisciplinary team of professionals, includes: Biologists, Geoscientists, Geomorphologists, Hydrologists, Agrologists and Archaeologists. Working together, we help our clients achieve best use of natural resources while meeting environmental protection goals.
As a Professional Agrologist, you will be a key team member focusing on Environmental Monitoring, Contaminated Site Assessments, and Agricultural Assessments. You will have the opportunity to work on projects for our major client sectors, including: agriculture, First Nations, forestry, mining, transportation, energy, real estate development/redevelopment, and provincial/federal government agencies.
• Professional Agrologist (P.Ag.) designation;
• Registered, or eligible for immediate registration, in the Province of British Columbia;
• 10 years of consulting experience or equivalent;
• Ability to develop detailed scope of work to support our clients in meeting regulatory requirements;
• Liaise effectively with landowners and regulators;
• Managerial experience is preferable, including effective management of schedules and budgets;
• Keen observational eye for field details;
• Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills;
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
General duties include:
• Data driven permitting and regulatory support services;
• Agricultural land capability, remediation and improvement projects;
• Due diligence reviews for real estate/land transactions (Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments), as well as contaminated sites and regulatory liaisons (Stage 1 and 2 Preliminary Site Investigations, Detailed Site Investigations and remediation for regulatory clearance);
• Erosion and sediment control planning, project implementation, field guidance; and
• Environmental and agricultural remediation monitoring.
Please send a cover page and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted. Application deadline: Friday, June 28, 2019.
Job Title: Project Biologist
Closing Date: Ongoing
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Madrone Environmental Services Ltd. is seeking an intermediate or senior project biologist/ecologist to join our Abbotsford office to undertake projects related to environmental assessment, permitting, and monitoring. The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
• Registered Professional Biologist and eligible for membership in the College of Applied Biology.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in environmental or biological fields.
• Thorough understanding of the implementation of the Riparian Areas Regulations (RAR),including the application of Provincial and Municipal bylaws – completion of the RAR training course is required.
• Knowledge, understanding and demonstrated application of permitting under the Species at Risk Act; Wildlife Act; Migratory Birds Convention Act; Fisheries Act; and Water Sustainability Act.
• Certification in electrofishing would be an asset.
• Certification and/or training in Erosion and Sediment Control and Construction Monitoring techniques would be an asset.
• At least 5 years’ related experience.
• Track record liaising with government (municipal, regional, provincial), land developers, and industry.
• Strong proposal and technical report writing skills.
• Strong skills in client relations.
• Self-motivated, highly organized and able to take on multiple projects within tight time frames and budgets.
• Team oriented, able to be flexible with work hours, able to undertake field work, sometimes in remote, physically-challenging locations (a high level of physical fitness is a requirement).
• Keenly interested in business development.
• Develop and conduct: fish and wildlife assessments; Riparian Areas Regulation assessments; and ecological assessments.
• Undertake environmental monitoring and erosion and sediment control monitoring.
• Undertake projects and carry out liaison with multiple levels of government as part of municipal Development Permit Area applications, provincial approvals under the Water Sustainability Act and federal projects under the Fisheries Act and Species at Risk Act.
• Liaise with clients and government (local, provincial and federal) to affect positive outcomes for the client while protecting biological resources.
• Create proposals, budgets, and scope of work.
• Participate in business development.
Madrone Environmental Services Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm focusing on land, water and ecosystem assessments and management. We provide scientific and regulatory expertise in agrology, archaeology, ecology, fisheries, geoscience, GIS, hydrology, geotechnical engineering, and wildlife. We assist all major client sectors, including First Nations, forestry, mining, transportation, energy, agriculture, real estate development/re-development, and provincial/federal government agencies.
Madrone offers a flexible, intellectually stimulating and dynamic work environment. Professional development is strongly supported through training and leadership opportunities, as well as a high level of responsibility and independence with project management and client communications. We encourage our employees to continually improve job satisfaction through seeking out opportunities to expand our business into areas in which they are interested.
Please send an appropriate cover page and resume to email@example.com Attn: Roberta Adams. Successful candidates will be contacted; no phone calls please.